EIBAB – EUROPEAN INTERNATIONAL BOOK ART IN BUCHAREST 2015, THE ART DIARY, ART JOURNAL, VISUAL JOURNAL
„Every artists creates his own journal/ diary, that transposes his physical state of mind and embodies a part of his soul constantly influenced by specific moments in life“ (Dorothea Fleiss)
The exhibition of the 3nd European International Book Art Biennale will take place 2015 in BUCHAREST, ROMANIA
Organisers of the EIBAB : D. Fleiss & East West Artists e. V. Stuttgart,
1.Any book artist from any country can take part in the competition.
2. Please emailing your digital application (Images of works, CV/Bio and description of works) to
Deadline: Entries must arrive by 15th march 2015.
3. Pre-selection will be undertaken by the Directors of DFEWA.
Notification of their decision will be posted on the EIBAB BLOG website on 15th April 2015 www.eibab.blogspot.com
All entrants will be notified of the outcome of the pre-selection process by E-mail.
Please note, digital and supporting material will not be returned.
4. Up to two artist’s books can be submitted by one author/artist or a team.The books should be completed within last two years (2013- 2015) in any technique and belong to the author/artist, art gallery or press.
5. As for the texts not written by the artist we ask to obey the general rules of copyright. The name of a writer (and a translator), the title (and the original title), name of a publisher and year of publishing should be given.
6. The accepted works should be send no later than june 30th , 2015 to:
The address for post:
Kiseleff Street, no.51, ap.2,
Bucharest, district 2
7.There are no limitations regarding technique and form, however in case of very complex and unusual works due to material, size or construction the artist is kindly requested to contact the organisers.A submitted work may not be accepted for the following reasons:
Technical difficulties involved exhibiting it.
It may be considered to have possible harmful effects on the audience.
8. The international jury selected by the organisers will review the submissions and choose the works for the EIBAB EHIBITION. The exact date and place is to be determined.
The jury will judge the works and select those ones to be awarded and shown at the exhibition. Decisions of the jury can not be appealed.
9. The prizes will be awarded by the Jury.
10. The costs of sending/ shipping the books are on the artist.
Please write the value for the customs max. 30 EUR / 30 USD or the text
NOT FOR SALE! NOT COMMERCIALE VALUE!
The organisers are not responsible of any damages caused by the conditions of transportation or careless packing by the artist.
The books should have labels with artist’s name, title and notice “European Book Art Biennale”.
11. NO ENTRY FEES.
12. The participants agree that images of their works may be used for the promotion of the European International Book Art Biennale
13. Pictures of works and any other documents attached to the entry form will be kept in the competition archives and not returned to the artist.
Artists may choose to donate their work itself to the Biennale Collection.
If they wish to have their work returned, artists are responsible for covering the cost of return shipping themselves.
14. The openning will be on the August in BUCHAREST.
For any questions please contact:
phone: 0040 744 200 350
e-mail: [email protected]