Jean-Claude Reynal Foundation
2011 Jean-Claude Reynal Scholarship
A 10,000 EUR grant awarded to a young artist for studies abroad
The Jean-Claude Reynal Foundation, under the auspices of the Foundation of France, in collaboration with the Fine Arts School of Bordeaux, offers an annual grant of 10,000 EUR to enable a young artist, who works directly on paper, to travel to a country of his/her choice for a period of 6 months maximum.
Candidates must be between 20 and 30 years of age and have had an artistic practice on paper for at least two years. All artists are eligible regardless of educational background or nationality.
50% of the scholarship money will be paid before departure and 50% at the time and place of the residency.
The prize winner authorizes the Reynal Foundation to use a work of his/her choice on the media announcing the following year’s scholarship competition. The chosen work will be approved by the executive committee.
Modalities of participation
Registration only online on
that allows to:
1. fill in the application form (studies, curriculum, travel project);
2. upload your portfolio as a PDF or PowerPoint file, or as a zipped folder (maximum filesize: 10 MB).
Deadline for online registration: 15th of November 2011.
A first examination and selection will take place in the beginning of December.
The selected artists will have to send three original works on paper (drawings or prints of all kinds), the dimensions of which must not exceed 40 × 60 cm (15-¾ × 23-⅝ in.).
Works must be sent or hand-delivered no later than the 15th of January 2012 to:
École des beaux-arts de Bordeaux
7 rue des Beaux-Arts
33800 Bordeaux cedex
+33 (0) 5 56 33 49 13
Candidates will be informed of results (first examination and final selection) by e-mail.
Original works will be returned within a reasonable time frame.
Works will be examined by the following jury:
* A representative of the Jean-Claude Reynal Foundation
* A representative of the Foundation of France
* Mr Alexis Vaillant, director of the projects department, CAPC Musée, Bordeaux
* Mr Michel Herreria, artist
* Mrs Guadalupe Echevarria, director of the Fine Arts School of Bordeaux
* Mr Thierry Saumier, curator of the Fine Arts Museum of Libourne
* Mr Pierre Ponant, graphic art historian, teacher at the Fine Arts School of Bordeaux
* Mr Christian Jean-Dit-Cazaux, appraiser, author
* Mr Ivan Lacaze, former director of Cultural Affairs of the City of Bordeaux
* Mr Julien Drochon, graphic designer, Docile studio, Bordeaux