Art Dubai is the largest and most established contemporary art fair in the Middle East, taking place every year in March at the Madinat Jumeriah, Dubai. The fair is held under the Patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE, Ruler of Dubai, and is owned and run in partnership with the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC).
Art Dubai features 82 galleries from 34 countries and an extensive programme of collateral events including:
- Global Art Forum – a series of discussions and debate featuring world-renowned artists, curators, critics and art professionals
- Art Park – an underground car park converted to house film screenings, projects and Art Park Talks
- Projects – a dynamic programme of exhibitions, installations, artist commissions, radio dispatches and performative tours of the fair
- Abraaj Capital Art Prize – the world’s most generous art prize awarding $1 million in disbursements to five artists from the Middle East, North Africa & South Asia region plus one international curator
- START – a non-profit organisation established by Art Dubai and the Al Madad Foundation operating art workshops for refugee and orphaned children throughout the region
- Art Week – Art Week is a cultural programme aimed at both residents and visitors, launched during Art Dubai in recognition of the UAE’s role as a regional centre of artistic production and creativity