Ten years ago Chicago artist and designer Matthew Hoffman decided to print a batch of 100 stickers that read simply “You Are Beautiful” which he gave to friends and colleagues who found the phrase to be inspiring, hopeful, and infectious. Requests for the stickers began to trickle in so Hoffman started selling them in small batches online at You-Are-Beautiful.com. Demand quickly began to swell, so much so that he’s now printed over 500,000 of them. Soon the stickers were accompanied by numerous public art installations in Chicago and eventually the message began appearing around the world on fences, street overpasses, and sidewalks. To celebrate 10 years of ‘You Are Beautiful’ Matt is putting together a book with help from Kickstarter that documents the evolution of the project including photography, stories, and tons of really awesome rewards including his hand-cut wood signs and of course tons of stickers. Join me in helping Matt get this thing off the ground, there’s just three days left. source: thisiscolossal
About The Author
Cosmin Nasui (BA-es in History of Art and Visual Arts&Design) has worked as art historian, curator, art critic, gallerist, cultural journalist, cultural manager for the last 20 years.
- Căutăm pictori amatori adevăraţi în viaţă! on
- Sărbătorim Ziua Universală a Iei, reper al spiritualității românești on
- Artist Talk de luni: Molnár Krisztina on
- Nicolae Golici, Dorin Crețu, Vlad Ciobanu, Claudiu Filimon, Cătălin Guguianu, Mirela Isăilă, Dragoș Gheorghiu, Tiberiu Moșteanu, Viorica Slădescu, Marilena Preda Sânc, Mihai Ecobici, Mihai Sărbulescu, Narcis Teodoreanu în 1983 on
- Prima serie de evaluatori de artă autorizaţi de ANEVAR on