Enjoy the color and form of these tiny bonsai trees sculpted from copper by artist Ken To. While certainly not a new artform (we’ve covered wire trees here previously), I find To’s work exceptional in its simplicity and focus on shape versus ornamentation which other artists in the same vein seem to rely on for visual embellishment. The trees are for sale, however because of recent coverage online it looks like he’s currently sold out on Ebay and Rondei. Stay tuned. (via ian brooks)
About The Author
Cosmin Nasui (BA-es in History of Art and Visual Arts&Design) has worked as art historian, curator, art critic, gallerist, cultural journalist, cultural manager for the last 20 years.
- Expoziție de grafică Eugenia Hagiu Andrei „Acasă” @ Galeria Simeza, București on
- Adina Nanu – Muzeul costumelor on
- Nouă apariție editorială: Maria Pașc, „De vorbă cu Mihai Sârbulescu” on
- Gabriela Manole Adoc și Gheorghe Adoc, Monumentul Independenței din Iași, 1980 on
- Pictorul Gheorghe Ionescu în atelier on