Huge mounds of firewood are a common site here in the midwest, but in the capable hands of Michigan artist Michael McGillis a row of logs becomes a unexpectedly beautiful sight. Titled Wake the piece was originally installed back in 2006 at the Franconia Sculpture Park in Shafer, Minnesota and consisted of a 95-foot long trench of cut trees painted purple in the middle as if to reveal a suprising new species of plant. A simple idea, wonderfully executed. (via my darkened eyes)
About The Author
Cosmin Nasui (BA-es in History of Art and Visual Arts&Design) has worked as art historian, curator, art critic, gallerist, cultural journalist, cultural manager for the last 20 years.
- Căutăm pictori amatori adevăraţi în viaţă! on
- Sărbătorim Ziua Universală a Iei, reper al spiritualității românești on
- Artist Talk de luni: Molnár Krisztina on
- Nicolae Golici, Dorin Crețu, Vlad Ciobanu, Claudiu Filimon, Cătălin Guguianu, Mirela Isăilă, Dragoș Gheorghiu, Tiberiu Moșteanu, Viorica Slădescu, Marilena Preda Sânc, Mihai Ecobici, Mihai Sărbulescu, Narcis Teodoreanu în 1983 on
- Prima serie de evaluatori de artă autorizaţi de ANEVAR on