Huge mounds of firewood are a common site here in the midwest, but in the capable hands of Michigan artist Michael McGillis a row of logs becomes a unexpectedly beautiful sight. Titled Wake the piece was originally installed back in 2006 at the Franconia Sculpture Park in Shafer, Minnesota and consisted of a 95-foot long trench of cut trees painted purple in the middle as if to reveal a suprising new species of plant. A simple idea, wonderfully executed. (via my darkened eyes)
About The Author
Cosmin Nasui (BA-es in History of Art and Visual Arts&Design) has worked as art historian, curator, art critic, gallerist, cultural journalist, cultural manager for the last 20 years.
- Expoziție de grafică Eugenia Hagiu Andrei „Acasă” @ Galeria Simeza, București on
- Adina Nanu – Muzeul costumelor on
- Nouă apariție editorială: Maria Pașc, „De vorbă cu Mihai Sârbulescu” on
- Gabriela Manole Adoc și Gheorghe Adoc, Monumentul Independenței din Iași, 1980 on
- Pictorul Gheorghe Ionescu în atelier on