Trying to categorize or summarize the genre of Alex Andreev’s digital paintings is nearly impossible. Part science fiction, part dystopian future, the scenes are equally disturbing and beautiful, his characters inhabiting a world Andreev tells me is deeply influenced by Soviet-era literature, music and movies. Based in St. Petersburg, Russia he works primarily with Adobe Photoshop and Corel Paint and relies only on a small selection of brushes and colors to create each illustration, meaning there are no special effects or 3d-rendering of anything. Andreev recently published an art book, A Separate Reality, which is available through Blurb.com.
About The Author
Cosmin Nasui (BA-es in History of Art and Visual Arts&Design), has worked as curator, art critic, gallerist, cultural journalist, cultural manager for the last 15 years.
- Maria Balea – expozitia personala @ ARTOTECA BMB on
- Mircea Roman – vizita in atelier on
- Expoziţie Mihaela Mihalache „Recessed in transparent interiors” @ Chateau de Bourlingster, Luxembourg on
- Căutăm pictori amatori adevăraţi în viaţă! on
- „Videogramele unei națiuni“ – amplă retrospectivă de filme românești la EUROPALIA on