Fotograful belgian Cédric Van Turtelboom (1984) a facut o serie de proiecte in Romania si China.
Artistul a participat la ectiunea Descubrimientos in cadrul Festivalul International de Fotografie PHOTOESPANA de la Madrid, in perioada 5-7 iunie 2012.
In 2006 I opened a book that someone offered me. It was ‘La solitude heureuse du voyageur précédée de Notes’ (The happy solitude of the traveler followed by Notes) from Raymond Depardon. The first photographic book I ever had.
I was fascinated by the pictures but even more by a long interview of Raymond Depardon. He was talking about his life of being a photographer and also about his travels. I find this so exciting that one year later I quit my job in a bank and decided attending cursus of photography at Art High School “le 75” in Brussels.
In 2009 I started a project in Romania.
Noroc is a photographic project taking place in Romania.
I regularly travel during the winter and seek to live among people in order to integrate their everyday life.
Through my photographic approach, I try to transform, to bypass ordinary situations into absurd or weird scenes, which question the notion of logic.
One can apprehend this reversal as a metaphor of a country that has radically changed the last 20 years after the fall of communism and its recent entry in the European Union.
A country that seeks to define an identity in a new world.
– Selected participant for Descubrimientos, Photo Espana Madrid, (SPA)
– “Sofam” Price, Mediatine Contest, Brussels (BE)
– Awarded, Pati de La Llotja, festival emergent Lleida, (SPA)
– Finalist Art’Contest 2011, (BE)
– Finalist Young Artist Award – Photography, Parliament of the French Community of Belgium, (BE)
– Finalist “Young Belgian Painters Award” center of Fine Art of Brussels, (BE)
– Finalist “Magnum Expression Award”
Selected Group Exhibitions
– Projection show, Baladas del Ciclope, Sevilla, (SPA)
– La Médiatine, Woluwe, (BE)
– Black Box Gallery, Brussels, (BE)
– Parliament of the French Community of Belgium, Brussels, (BE)
– Centre for Fine Arts – BOZAR, Brussels, (BE)
Selected Solo Exhibitions
– Blank Paper gallery, Madrid, (SPA)
– Royal Theater of Namur, (BE)
– Un Monde Parfait, Biennial 7,Louvain la Neuve, (BE)