Bucharest International Dance Film Festival, the only cinema event in Romania dedicated to dance films, launched the open call for short dance films, musicals and animated movies. Deadlines: May 31st (Early bird), June 14th (Regular), July 5th (Late).
BIDFF – Bucharest International Dance Film Festival looks towards the future and tries to envision it. This year we use utopian | dystopian impulses as an instrument for reflection and dance films as a medium. By a surprising and meaningful coincidence, as we are all confronting the global pandemic, utopia | dystopia is the theme of the BIDFF in 2020. This fragile balance could generate creative or critical strategies to present or to contemplate the world and the future, as they are or as they will become. The BIDFF curatorial approach goes towards trying to decipher, shape, transform or revolutionize these concepts.
We invite film directors, choreographers, visual artists, animators and musicians to submit their short films to the sixth edition of the festival, that will take place in Bucharest, between September 3 – 6.
Besides our regular international and national competition dedicated to short dance films, we also hold the new competitional category for musicals, introduced last year. We also highly encourage you to apply if you have a movement themed animation or if you have a short film revolving around the concept of utopia and dystopia.
BIDFF awards excellence, novelty and courage in filmmaking, with a prize pool of 3000 euro. The festival partially reimburses the transportation and accommodation expenses for foreign artists or from outside Bucharest, selected in the festival.
Conditions for Submitting your FILM
Short Film Competition
Deadlines: Early bird – May 31st
Regular – June 14
Late – July 5
We are looking for:
- Short films of maximum 20 minutes, produced in the last 2 years, in the genres of dance film (fiction, animation, experimental, documentary);
- Short musicals of maximum 20 minutes, produced in the last 2 years;
- With a minimum quality of Full HD (1920 x 1080).
We are not looking for:
- Music videos, trailers or recordings of performances, films already submitted in the previous years to BIDFF, 1-minute films, commercials.
- Cash awards for Best International Film, Best Romanian Film and Best Musical;
- Subsidies to be decided due to our funding application results and event format to be established according to the state rules during/ after the health crisis
About the application:
- Deadlines for submissions are May 31st (early bird), June 14 (regular), July 5 (late);
- All applicants will be informed about the outcome of their submission by August 1st, 2020;
- Each director may submit a maximum 2 films in the competition;
- In order to make your application you need to have a Film Freeway Account;
- Please check all the fees for submitting your film, according to each deadline before making the application.
SUBMIT YOUR FILM:
READ MORE ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM:
CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS:
Bucharest International Dance Film Festival #6 is organized by the Tangaj Dance Association and co-financed by AFCN – The Administration of The National Cultural Fund. The project does not necessarily represent the position of The Administration of The National Cultural Fund. AFCN is not responsible for the content of the project or for the way the results of the project can be used. These are entirely the responsibility of the financing beneficiary.
This year’s partners of the festival are the National Center for Dance Bucharest, the French Institute (Elvira Popescu Cinema), the National Museum of Romanian Peasant (Romanian Peasant Cinema), Gastropub Factory, LINOTIP – Independent Choreographic Center, Anim’est Bucharest International Animation Film Festival.