First exhibited at the Circle of Light Moscow International Festival, Aristarkh Chernyshev’s video sculpture called ‘Userpic’ is a monument to historic masterpieces of art throughout the world. This develops what chernyshev calls, ‘a connection between a profile picture and a Renaissance portrait of a wealthy city dweller, who hired an artist to make his portrait to represent himself to the society, i.e. a specific userpic to present oneself to the world.’ The project is the result of experimenting with a minimalistic shape, low-resolution aesthetics, an animated three-dimensional texture, and RGB LED technology. Once works, such as the Mona Lisa and Girl with a pearl earring, are applied to the construct via computer-generated programming, the screen displays them in a constant state of fluctuation and variability.
About The Author
Cosmin Nasui (BA-es in History of Art and Visual Arts&Design) has worked as art historian, curator, art critic, gallerist, cultural journalist, cultural manager for the last 20 years.
- Căutăm pictori amatori adevăraţi în viaţă! on
- Sărbătorim Ziua Universală a Iei, reper al spiritualității românești on
- Artist Talk de luni: Molnár Krisztina on
- Nicolae Golici, Dorin Crețu, Vlad Ciobanu, Claudiu Filimon, Cătălin Guguianu, Mirela Isăilă, Dragoș Gheorghiu, Tiberiu Moșteanu, Viorica Slădescu, Marilena Preda Sânc, Mihai Ecobici, Mihai Sărbulescu, Narcis Teodoreanu în 1983 on
- Prima serie de evaluatori de artă autorizaţi de ANEVAR on