Canadian artist Maskull Lasserre (see previously) created these menacing weaponized object sculptures back in 2013. The sculptures are inspired by his experiences in Afghanistan while taking part in the Canadian Forces Artists Program in 2010. The series includes “Overture,” a playable violin on a machine gun-style armored tripod, and “SAFE,” a thoroughly intimidating “up-armored” 1940s-era safe that contains a seat for a single occupant.
About The Author
Cosmin Nasui (BA-es in History of Art and Visual Arts&Design) has worked as art historian, curator, art critic, gallerist, cultural journalist, cultural manager for the last 20 years.
- Nouă apariție editorială: Maria Pașc, „De vorbă cu Mihai Sârbulescu” on
- Gabriela Manole Adoc și Gheorghe Adoc, Monumentul Independenței din Iași, 1980 on
- Pictorul Gheorghe Ionescu în atelier on
- ISTORII DIN ’89 în benzi desenate – Muzeul Județean de Istorie Brașov on
- Scrisoarea Deschisă a AGACOR asociația galeriilor de Artă Contemporană din România on