Since 2006 Pittsburgh-based husband and wife Paul Roden and Valerie Lueth have run the Tugboat Printshop, a traditional printmaking studio where everything is made by hand, starting with the giant slabs of wood into which each of their images are carved. The Moon is their largest hand-carved relief print ever coming in at 36″ x 32″ (91 x 82 cm) and will printed using two colors. If you’re interested they documented the process of carving the beautiful illustration which is now available for pre-order, and I also recommend checking out their other prints. (via cloud junky)
About The Author
Cosmin Nasui (BA-es in History of Art and Visual Arts&Design) has worked as art historian, curator, art critic, gallerist, cultural journalist, cultural manager for the last 20 years.
- Nouă apariție editorială: Maria Pașc, „De vorbă cu Mihai Sârbulescu” on
- Gabriela Manole Adoc și Gheorghe Adoc, Monumentul Independenței din Iași, 1980 on
- Pictorul Gheorghe Ionescu în atelier on
- ISTORII DIN ’89 în benzi desenate – Muzeul Județean de Istorie Brașov on
- Scrisoarea Deschisă a AGACOR asociația galeriilor de Artă Contemporană din România on