INVITATION FOR ONLINE APPLICATION: 16 Jan – 26 Feb 2012
Participating countries 2012 – 2014: Austria, Poland, Romania, Russia
STRABAG SE is one of the leading construction groups in Europe. Operating from its core markets of Austria and Germany, the company is also active through numerous subsidiaries in Eastern and South-Eastern Europe as well as in selected markets of Western Europe and on other continents.
After 15 years of supporting the arts in Austria the fine art initiatives of the company have been positioned in relation to important group locations and core markets.
The Strabag Artaward International is an award for the promotion of art in the fields of painting and drawing for artists of up to 40 years of age.
From 2012 to 2014 artists from Austria, Poland, Romania and Russia are invited to participate.
The main prize of the Artaward is EUR 15,000.
In addition, there are four runners-up prizes of EUR 5,000 each.
RULES OF AWARD
The Strabag Artaward International is an award for the promotion of art in the fields of painting and drawing for artists of up to 40 years of age. This award succeeds to the former Strabag Artaward, which had been awarded to Austrian artists over 13 years.
PARTICIPATING COUNTRIES 2012 – 2014: AUSTRIA, POLAND, ROMANIA AND RUSSIA
From 2012 to 2014 artists from four countries, Austria, Poland, Romania and Russia are eligible to take part in the Strabag Artaward International. The participating countries will be changing every three years.
Austria as the home country of Strabag SE is a permanent starter.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION / RECOURSE TO THE LAW
• Eligible to take part in this award are artists from Austria, Poland, Romania and Russia. Participants must be citizens of one of the four countries.
• At the time, when the Artaward is presented on 14 June 2012, participants must not have had their 41st birthday.
• A precondition for taking part in this award is that the artist has a systematic, artistic education (students or graduates of art academies, colleges or universities).
Self-taught artists are not eligible to take part.
• Any recourse to courts of law in connection with an application is excluded.
With their participation, all participants accept the judgment of the jury.
• Every participant is a copyright holder. Even if prize-winning, the submitted works of art will remain the property of the participant. However, the participant agrees, without limitation or qualification, that in connection with the Strabag Artaward his/her works of art may be presented, photographed and displayed free-of-charge.
• Works of art submitted must not have been awarded any public prize (given away by a territorial authority) and have to be in personal property of the artist.
• The main prize of the Artaward is EUR 15,000.
• In addition, there are four runners-up prizes of EUR 5,000 each.
• After the award ceremony and the collective exhibition of all the prize-winning works, each of the five winners will get a solo exhibition at the Artlounge of the Strabag Haus in Vienna.
• Works of art of the award winners will be bought for the Strabag Artcollection.
• The nominated artists can apply as artists-in-residence for the Strabag Artstudio.
ONLINE APPLICATION / WWW.STRABAG-KUNSTFORUM.AT: 16 JAN – 26 FEB 2012
Artists interested in participating can apply online at www.strabag-kunstforum.at (artaward) from 16 January to 26 February 2012. All applicants have to adhere strictly the rules of award.
The application form must be filled in correctly in German or English according to the instructions provided on the Internet.
The following entries are mandatory:
• Short biography, exhibitions
• Three digital photos (RGB jpg, 72 dpi, max. B 1024 or H 768) of the works of art intended to be entered into the competition with techniques, dimensions and insurance values stated.
• The works of art (single piece or multi-part) must date from 2010 to 2012.
Each picture must not be bigger than 2m x 2m.
• Eligible artistic media are painting and drawing (no thematic specifications). Installations, objects, videos, digital prints or photo art are not admitted.
• Up to three images of older works to supplement the application (optional).
PRELIMINARY JURY ONLINE: 27 FEBRUARY – 19 MARCH 2012
The preliminary jury is made up of the same members as the final jury (see fig.6). On the basis of the material submitted online, the preliminary jury selects the candidates who will then be presented to the final jury. From 21 March 2012, all artists will be notified in writing. The artists invited to take part in the final round will receive all further information for submitting their original works.
Gallery of nominees: www.strabag-kunstforum.at (artaward)
SUBMISSION OF ORIGINALS
All artists invited to the final round must submit the three originals specified in the online application. The submitted originals must be marked on the back with the labels received by mail/post and have to be packed very well. The artist him/herself must organize and bear all costs and risks of delivery of the works of art to and from the Strabag office.
• The works of art of Austrian participants must, without exception, arrive at the Artlounge in the attic of the Strabag Haus Vienna between 11 and 12 April 2012 (Wednesday to Thursday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.).
In the case of large-format pieces please call 01/22422-1848 to give prior notice of delivery (fright elevator available).
• The works of art of the Polish participants must, without exception, arrive at Strabag office Pruszkow (Warsaw) between 11 and 12 April 2012 (Wednesday to Thursday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.).
• The works of art of the Russian participants must, without exception, arrive at Strabag office Moscow between 2 and 3 April 2012 (Monday to Tuesday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.).
• The works of art of the Romanian participants must, without exception, arrive at Strabag office Bucharest between 2 and 3 April 2012 (Monday to Tuesday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.).
From there the works of art are collectively forwarded to Vienna.
Please find addresses of Strabag offices below.
FINAL JURY, STRABAG ARTLOUNGE VIENNA: 19 APRIL 2012
On 19 April 2012, the final jury will come together at the Strabag Artlounge in Vienna to select the winners of the Strabag Artaward International. Following this, all participants will be informed of the nominations/return of the originals. The prize-winning artworks stay for the collective exhibition at Strabag Kunstforum. The winner of the Artaward and the four other nominated artists will be announced at the award ceremony in June.
Members of the jury:
Goschka Gawlik, art critic, curator, Vienna (Poland)
Dan Popescu, curator, gallerist, Bucharest (Romania)
Edith Raidl, art collector, Vienna (Austria)
Ekaterina Shapiro-Obermair, artist, Vienna (Russia)
Hans-Peter Wipplinger, director, Kunsthalle Krems (Austria)
Wilhelm Weiss, director, Strabag Kunstforum
Barbara Baum, curator, Strabag Kunstforum
COLLECTION OF ORIGINALS
• The works of art of the Austrian participants must, without exception, be collected at the Artlounge in the attic of the Strabag Haus, Vienna from 25 to 26 April 2012 (Wednesday to Thursday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.).
• The works of art of the Polish participants must, without exception, be collected at Strabag office Pruszkow (Warsaw) from 25 April to 26 April 2012 (Wednesday to Thursday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.).
• The works of art of the Romanian participants must, without exception, be collected at Strabag office Bucharest from 2 to 3 May 2012 (Wednesday to Thursday, 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.).
• The works of art of the Russian participants must, without exception, be collected at Strabag office Bucharest from 01 May to 02 May 2012 (Wednesday to Thursday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.).
AWARD CEREMONY, STRABAG ARTLOUNGE VIENNA: 14 JUNE 2012
The award ceremony and the collective exhibition of all prize-winning artworks will take place on 14 June 2012, 6:30 p.m. at the Artlounge of the Strabag Haus. On the occasion of the collective exhibition of prize-winning works, a catalog is presented in German and English. Afterwards the prize winners will be presented on the internet.
Gallery of prize winners and nominees: www.strabag-kunstforum.at (artaward)
INFORMATION / ADDRESS FOR SUBMISSIONS IN AUSTRIA, Vienna
Barbara Baum, Tanja Skorepa
Phone: +43 (0)1/ 22 4 22-1848
Mobile: +43 (0) 6643005695
Strabag Haus, Artlounge DG
ADDRESS FOR SUBMISSIONS IN ROMANIA, Bukarest
STRABAG SE (BRVZ SERVICII & ADMINISTRARE SRL)
Tel. +40(21) 403 43 57 (0372 17 43 57)
Calea 13 Septembrie nr. 90
incinta Hotelului Marriott, etaj 3, birou 3.18, sector 5
RO – 050726 Bucuresti
Tel. +40(21) 403 43 57 (0372 17 43 57)
ADDRESS FOR SUBMISSIONS IN POLAND, Pruszkow
STRABAG (BRVZ Sp.zo.o.)
Phone: +48 (0)22 4453 – 922
ul. Parzniewska 10
ADDRESS FOR SUBMISSIONS IN RUSSIA, Moskau
ZAO STRABAG (REAL ESTATE)
Tel.: +7 (495) 737 0380-1249
Mobil: +7 (985) 768-54-23
A-1220 Wien, Donau-City-Strasse 9
Barbara Baum, Tanja Skorepa
Tel.: +43 1 22422/1848