Cherub-like children with school girl bobs enter infernal abysses and haunted-looking forests in Akino Kondoh’s drawings and paintings. The Japanese artist says she is interested in exploring the eerie feeling of deja vu that childhood memories can sometimes trigger. With their dark mood and enigmatic symbolism, her characters’ surreal adventures evoke the ways our childhood fears and anxieties were once magnified in our nightmares, and perhaps still are.
About The Author
Cosmin Nasui (BA-es in History of Art and Visual Arts&Design) has worked as art historian, curator, art critic, gallerist, cultural journalist, cultural manager for the last 20 years.
- Expoziție de grafică Eugenia Hagiu Andrei „Acasă” @ Galeria Simeza, București on
- Adina Nanu – Muzeul costumelor on
- Nouă apariție editorială: Maria Pașc, „De vorbă cu Mihai Sârbulescu” on
- Gabriela Manole Adoc și Gheorghe Adoc, Monumentul Independenței din Iași, 1980 on
- Pictorul Gheorghe Ionescu în atelier on