Cao Hui‘s ultra realistic sculptures manage to be intriguing while stomach turning. Cao sculpts every day objects such as furniture or clothing as if from butchered flesh and innards. His strict attention to detail can be seen from the entrails spilling out of a slashed cushion to a couple swollen armrest stitches. Though constructed from resin, his artwork appears to bulge, droop, and tear much like actual flesh. Cao juxtaposes inside and outside, essence and appearance in a very literal (albeit gory) manner. While disturbing, Cao effectively executes his work with a certain dark humor.
About The Author
Cosmin Nasui (BA-es in History of Art and Visual Arts&Design) has worked as art historian, curator, art critic, gallerist, cultural journalist, cultural manager for the last 20 years.
- Expoziția „Culorile Orientului” – Mihaela Craiu @ Galeria de Artă „VICTORIA”, Iași on
- Dorana Maria Coșoveanu (9 iunie 1934-30 mai 2020) on
- S-a stins din viață pictorița Doina Moisescu Herivan 18.04.1944 – 10.11.2020 on
- Mircea Nicolae: Adrian Ghenie – O privire critica on
- Expoziție de grafică Eugenia Hagiu Andrei „Acasă” @ Galeria Simeza, București on