“Matchstickmen” are giant matchsticks with burnt match heads that look disturbingly like blackened human heads. Created by German artist Wolfgang Stiller, the sculptures have been exhibited since 2008 in unsettling installations in which the matchsticks are tucked in coffin-like matchboxes, and otherwise scattered around the installation space.
About The Author
Cosmin Nasui (BA-es in History of Art and Visual Arts&Design) has worked as art historian, curator, art critic, gallerist, cultural journalist, cultural manager for the last 20 years.
- Expoziția „Culorile Orientului” – Mihaela Craiu @ Galeria de Artă „VICTORIA”, Iași on
- Dorana Maria Coșoveanu (9 iunie 1934-30 mai 2020) on
- S-a stins din viață pictorița Doina Moisescu Herivan 18.04.1944 – 10.11.2020 on
- Mircea Nicolae: Adrian Ghenie – O privire critica on
- Expoziție de grafică Eugenia Hagiu Andrei „Acasă” @ Galeria Simeza, București on