Constellation is an ongoing series of portraits by New York artist Kumi Yamashita known most prominently for her innovative light and shadow sculptures. Each image is constructed from a single unbroken black thread wound through a dense array of galvanized nails mounted on a painted white board, meaning that the darker areas within the portrait are formed solely from the density of the string. Colossal is no stranger to artworks created with thread and nails, but these are certainly some of the most impressive and intricate works I’ve ever seen made using this method.
About The Author
Cosmin Nasui (BA-es in History of Art and Visual Arts&Design) has worked as art historian, curator, art critic, gallerist, cultural journalist, cultural manager for the last 20 years.
- Nouă apariție editorială: Maria Pașc, „De vorbă cu Mihai Sârbulescu” on
- Gabriela Manole Adoc și Gheorghe Adoc, Monumentul Independenței din Iași, 1980 on
- Pictorul Gheorghe Ionescu în atelier on
- ISTORII DIN ’89 în benzi desenate – Muzeul Județean de Istorie Brașov on
- Scrisoarea Deschisă a AGACOR asociația galeriilor de Artă Contemporană din România on